Friday, April 15, 2011

This is my final project for Intaglio, taught by Rudolf Bikkers. I did a mezzotint on both plates and then burnished out the light areas. It's a time consuming process, but can achieve some impressive results. There was a lot of stress involved in getting these prints done, but I'm pretty happy with them, and it was definitely a rewarding undertaking. It started with a mezzotint on just the plate involving the dead bird; I originally planned on etching the large plate. I have several proofs of just the bird, done before I decided to mezzotint the large plate as well, and some of these have chine collé elements as well.

Beast project for Harvey Chan's media studio class. I'm happy with parts of this painting, but other bits I'm definitely not a huge fan of. I like the wolfman, though. He's a keeper. This was done in oils on BFK Rives.
Ps, please look up Harvey Chan on Google. His work is amazing.

These two were also for media studio, The project theme was "Man and Machine". This was Harvey's favourite project over the entire semester, and is based on my silly doodle style. Acrylic and collage.

This is another non-toxic print project. It's a lino-cut reduction print, and I'm fairly happy with it. The inks we were using are soy-based, and these inks dry very slowly, and remain slightly tacky for quite some time after printing. These prints were finished in January, and still feel like they haven't cured entirely.

Since I've been neglecting it...

I have lots of new work, so I'm going to post a bunch today. Brace yourself for several updates.

These four fishy little images are a series of tiny mezzotints (the largest is a three inch square, the smallest a i.5 inch square), done for non-toxic print. Printing such small plates was nice, as wiping them took very little time.


I'm sorry good people.
It's been a long time. I'm aware of that.
It's been a crazy couple of weeks, and I've been a little squished for time. And my blogging has suffered. I'm sorry for that. I do, however, have a bundle of work that I can now post. I hope you'll forgive me.

These are some process shots of my bronze castings.

These are two of the three finished sculptures. Bronze casting is quite an intensive process, but it was definitely worth the time and effort. I hope to do more of it in the future!