Friday, April 15, 2011

This is my final project for Intaglio, taught by Rudolf Bikkers. I did a mezzotint on both plates and then burnished out the light areas. It's a time consuming process, but can achieve some impressive results. There was a lot of stress involved in getting these prints done, but I'm pretty happy with them, and it was definitely a rewarding undertaking. It started with a mezzotint on just the plate involving the dead bird; I originally planned on etching the large plate. I have several proofs of just the bird, done before I decided to mezzotint the large plate as well, and some of these have chine collé elements as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment